The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic is one of my favorite events at Walt Disney World. I didn’t discover it until about 5 years ago but it is actually celebrating 10 years this year!
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic returns to celebrate its milestone 10th year Friday, Nov. 8 and Saturday, Nov. 9, featuring interactive seminars, live entertainment and more than 90 unlimited food and beverage stations to enjoy. It’s virtually impossible to do everything or try everything but I am certainly going to try!
Guests will delight in numerous opportunities to sip and savor along the resort’s causeway, private lake and private beach from 5:30-9 p.m. while enjoying live music and cuisine from the resort’s award-winning restaurants, along with wine, beer and spirits samplings from around the globe.
A Decade of Food and Fun
In celebration of its 10th year, the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine is amping up the party with the debut of a surf party-themed area called Hang 10. Taking up residence on the resort’s white sand beach, Hang 10 will immerse guests in a surf-themed beach party with a live band, decorations, Spritzes, hard seltzer and two new dishes:
- Fry Basket featuring clams, shrimp, oysters and fries
- Hearts of Palm Ceviche with lime juice, Bermuda onion, bell pepper and chili peppers.
With 28 food stations serving a variety of cuisines, there is an option to satisfy every palate. Featured restaurants include Todd English’s bluezoo, Shula’s Steak House, Kimonos and more. Six themed areas will serve food and beverages that transport guests around the world and through time via their mouths, with Chinatown, Beer Garden, Carnival Corner, Bubbles Lounge, The Pig & Poke and all-new Hang 10.
Some new dishes on the 2019 menu include:
- Pan-seared rock fish with cotechino, toasted fregola, romanesco with Lambrusco from Todd English’s bluezoo
- Vegan pho with rice noodle, bok choy, carrot, bamboo shoot, hoisin and sriracha from Fresh Mediterranean Market
- Organic Kabocha Squash Ravioli with pumpkin seed and sage gremolata, pumpkin crema and pecorino from Il Mulino
Returning favorites include:
- Oven roasted beef rib eye from Shula’s Steak House
- Kimonos and Dragon Sushi Roll from Kimonos
- Yu Chen’s crispy duck at Chinatown
World Champion Pastry Chef Laurent Branlard sweetens the evening with his selection of decadent desserts:
- Key Lime Curd Frangipane
- Chocolate Peanut Ganache Filled S’Mores (yes please!)
- Berry Pavlova
- Molten Chocolate Bananas Foster (OMG!)
Seminars and Entertainment
Foodies Looking for a way to add something extra to their festival experience can attend hands-on educational seminars. I’ve done this and it is incredible! The seminars are taught by members of the resort’s award-winning food and beverage team.
The classes offered this year include: whiskey (this one is new for 2019!), wine blending (I”ve done this one and it rocks), Italian wines, champagne, beer, craft cocktails (this is the one I am signing up for), pasta making, sushi and sake and cheese pairing. All seminars do require separate tickets and space is limited.
Live music will be performed on both days of the event, featuring a variety of musical stylings. Performances will include:
- The Boys in the Band, performing hits from The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Chicago and more, making their festival debut in Hang 10
- The Champagne Orchestra, which reimagines popular songs from every decade, debuting in the Bubble Lounge
- Captain Harry returns to the Beer Garden, performing a rich blend of rock, soul, jazz and reggae
- Epic, performing today’s best dance, pop and party rock music in the Dolphin clamshell fountain
- 501 Blues, playing the top blues, soul and classic rock hits from the past 40 years in the Dolphin clamshell fountain
- Atlantic City Boys, featuring the rock ‘n’ roll harmonies of the Beach Boys, Drifters, the BeeGees and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, performing in the Dolphin clamshell fountain
Event and Ticket Information
The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at 97 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 60 wineries amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway, Friday, Nov. 8 and Saturday, Nov. 9 from 5:30-9 p.m.
Interactive educational seminars highlighting wine, whiskey, beer, pasta, sushi and more will take place prior to the causeway event both days. Seminar tickets, event tickets and more information can be found at www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com or by calling 1-800-227-1500.
With 18 restaurants and lounges and a distinguished culinary and beverage team, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel continually earns national recognition for its food and beverage program. The hotel features more than 70 certified wine sommeliers and 1,400 wine selections.
Where: Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Causeway
1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Ticket Information: – Advance purchase unlimited food and beverage samples: $145 per person (including taxes)
– Interactive seminars start at $55 per person, per class (including taxes)
– For more information or to book, please visit www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com or call 1-800-227-1500
About the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
In the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort, the award-winning Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort resides amongst the greatest theme parks and attractions in Central Florida. It is located between Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and nearby Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and Magic Kingdom Park. Guests can discover 18 world-class restaurants and lounges, sophisticated guest rooms with Westin Heavenly Beds and the luxurious Mandara Spa. The resort features five pools, two health clubs, nearby golf, complimentary transportation throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, the extended park hours benefit, where each day, one of the four Walt Disney World theme parks is open extra time for guests to enjoy select attractions (Valid theme park admission and Resort ID required) and Disney FastPass+ service, where guests can reserve up to three select theme park experiences up to 60 days in advance of their visit. The resort can be reached at 800-227-1500. For more information, visit www.swandolphin.com and connect with the resort via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
See you there, fashionistas!
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- A Taste Of The Merchandise Coming To Disney’s Riviera Resort! - December 15, 2019
- Disney Discovery- Mickey Mouse Charm Watch - December 15, 2019
- It’s Time For The Disney Fashionista’s 10 Favorite Things Giveaway 2019! - December 14, 2019