This year’s Lunar New Year celebrates the year of the mouse (or rat)! Of course, Disney California Adventure is celebrating in style. Beautiful new Disney Lunar New Year Merchandise will be heading to Disney California Adventure on January 17th, to commemorate the joyous celebration.
Guests attending the festivities can look forward to new Lunar New Year Minnie Ears, new Spirit Jerseys, and more. Revealed designs showcased a red Spirit Jersey that also has gold metallic designs. This Spirit Jersey is also reminiscent of the traditional red envelopes given during the Lunar New Year. The ears are adorned with a silk butterfly, blossom, and golden beads. These embellishments resemble traditional hair ornaments too.
Other commemorative items to look forward to include Chip ‘n Dale bobblehead figures and a traditional red envelope set.
While we love the stylish new apparel and accessories, the celebration offers so much more than just Disney Lunar New Year Merchandise!
Other favorite festivities this Lunar New Year:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” – Celebratory parade led by Mulan that honors Lunar New Year! It dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. Talented performers bring dance, martial arts and drumming to enhance the beautifully colorful procession. The procession will run several times, daily.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” – Is a nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color,”. It also tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the New Year.
- Disney Character Encounters – Beloved characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will don new festive Lunar New Year attire this year as they greet guests at Paradise Gardens. You may also see Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs.
- Lucky Wishing Wall – After strolling beneath strings of ornamental lanterns in Paradise Gardens, write down wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.
Lunar New Year, the joyous celebration at Disney California Adventure park taking place January 17 through February 9, 2020! Will you be celebrating the year of the Mouse with Disney this year?
Are you wanting to celebrate the year of the Mouse at Disneyland? You need to plan your next vacation to Disneyland! You can book your Disneyland Vacation With Small World Vacations HERE. They are the preferred travel agency of Disney Fashionista!
Image Source: Disney Parks Blog
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Cinderella Collectible Key Celebrates The 70th Anniversary - February 16, 2020
- New Disney Ink and Paint Kitchen Collection Now Available - February 16, 2020
- Sorcerer Mickey Alex and Ani Bangle For The Ink and Paint Collection - February 15, 2020