It’s almost time for Force Friday II, and Disney and Star Wars has lots of exciting things planned! Force Friday will kick off at the Disney Parks on September first, and a new augmented reality event will also be debuting.
Firstly, Force Friday II is coming to Disney Parks, you’ll be able to among the first to purchase new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Last Jedi themed merchandise, including unique products found only at Disney Parks.
The Disney Parks Event will kick off at Downtown Disney at Disneyland, and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World.
Disneyland Resort: World of Disney Store, Downtown Disney District
- Pre-registration for the Force Friday II event is required for guests attending the event in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.
- Registration will be accepted only on DisneyParksMerchandise.com beginning August 24 at 11:00 a.m. (Pacific) / 2:00 p.m. (Eastern).
- Once registered, guests will receive additional instructions via email. Doors open at 12:01 a.m. on September 1.
Walt Disney World Resort: World of Disney, Disney Springs
- For guests attending the event at Disney Springs, registration for Force Friday II will take place outside the World of Disney store entrance across from Basin on August 31 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Guests will be given a numbered wristband on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a wristband is received, guests are invited to return to World of Disney by 11:30 p.m. where they will be lined up in sequential order. Doors open at 12:01 a.m. on September 1.
Michelle, the Disney Fashionista herself, and our preferred personal shopper Diane, from Shop Theme Parks, plan to be there to share all the new merchandise with you live on the FB page!
The other exciting happening, is the Find the Force Augmented Reality Event! Following the global phenomenon of Force Friday in 2015, Disney and Lucasfilm announced Find the Force, a global augmented reality (AR) event rolling out on Force Friday II (September 1) to commemorate the worldwide launch of new products inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
The pop-up AR treasure hunt aims to unite fans around the world in the battle against the dark side in a unique three-day event at over 20,000 retail locations across 30 countries. As fans turn up to take home new Star Wars: The Last Jedi products, they will have the opportunity to activate a unique augmented reality experience featuring Star Wars characters, including fan-favorites and new surprise additions from the film.
“Force Friday II is a major milestone in the countdown to Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Star Wars has always championed new technology, and we are excited that augmented reality will allow fans to experience the universe in a whole new way,” says Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm.
From September 1-3, retailers around the world will invite fans to Find the Force by taking part in an AR treasure hunt. Here’s how it works: first, download the Star Wars App, which is your one-stop-shop for all things Star Wars (those who already have the app will need to download the latest version). Then, visit any one of 20,000 participating retail locations to find a graphic that contains the Find the Force logo. When you scan the graphic using the Star Wars App, you’ll reveal a character, who through augmented reality, will appear in the room with you. You can then take photos, record videos, and share the experience on social media. Come back each day to reveal new characters (15 in total across the program’s three-day run). Click here for more information: www.starwars.com/findtheforce.
By sharing photos or videos featuring the in-store AR characters on Twitter or Instagram using #FindtheForce and #Sweepstakes throughout Force Friday II weekend, fans in select global markets can participate in a sweepstakes for the chance to win the ultimate fan experience: tickets to the Star Wars: The Last Jedi premiere in December.
What do you think, fashionistas? Ready to follow along with the new merchandise?
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Could Two New Disney Dooney & Bourke Patterns Be Coming? - June 24, 2021
- New Mickey Mouse Wall Diffuser Coming From Scentsy! - June 23, 2021
- Say Adios To Your Money and Hello To The it’s a Small World Dooney & Bourke! - June 23, 2021