Disney and Lucasfilm released today the second episode of their new digital series Science and Star Wars, which explores how close real-world science has come to our favorite Star Wars technology. Today’s episode answers the question: Are helper droids like R2D2 and BB8 in our not-so-distant future?
This ‘droid’ episode features:
- Robonaut – a robot astronaut: Meet a droid whose purpose will be to one day command spaceships with no humans on board.
- Star Wars droid builders construct a droid: Michael McMaster, Mike Senna, two of the real-life engineers who help Disney and Lucasfilm build and maintain the droids from the film, create a smart robot who answers Star Wars trivia intelligently.
Over the course the next eight episodes, the series will continue to explore science fantasy, science fact, and the gray area in between. Fans can catch this and future episodes exclusively on the Star Wars official Facebook page.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- New Classic Mickey and Minnie Scentsy Collection Coming Soon - January 2, 2021
- Sneak Peek Of Disney Art Coming To The Festival Of The Arts - December 31, 2020
- New Alice In Wonderland And Disney Transportation Wishables - December 30, 2020