Interactive media and Disney Consumer Products unveiled hot-off-the-press details about its upcoming games, offering first-looks.
Hosted by YouTube stars JackSepticEye and Strawburry17, the presentation included discussions with developers from Star Wars™ Battlefront™, KINGDOM HEARTS III, Marvel’s Spider-Man, plus groundbreaking VR and AR gaming experiences for Marvel and Star Wars™.
“It’s our mission to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world and, when it comes to games, we’re working with the best developers in the world to create experiences that put fans at the center of the story,” said Jimmy Pitaro, chairman of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. “Gamers and fans of our stories have never had more to look forward to—and our slate has never been stronger.”
Highlights from the presentation include:
- KINGDOM HEARTS III: Square Enix’s famed game director Tetsuya Nomura, revealed KINGDOM HEARTS III will feature the franchise’s first-ever Disney•Pixar world, “Toy Story,” featuring an original story developed exclusively for the game. Disney and Square Enix also surprised fans with the news that the game will release in 2018.
- MARVEL Powers United VR:Marvel and Oculus announced MARVEL Powers United VR, a first-person, multiplayer, action virtual reality game where players team up with friends to engage in immersive, explosive cooperative fights from across the Marvel Universe. YouTube star Markiplier made a surprise appearance, as he and Head of Oculus Studios, Steve Arnold, offered the crowd a first look at gameplay. Fans can demo the game next week at San Diego Comic-Con by visiting the Marvel Booth.
- Star Wars Augmented Reality Experience: A new chapter in Star Wars experiences was introduced, as Disney and Lenovo gave a first glimpse at a new augmented reality product designed to give fans an opportunity to recapture some of their favorite moments from Star Wars films in ways never before possible. Fans can sign up to learn more by visiting http://jedichallenges.com. The sneak peek video can be found here: Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Sneak Peek.
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Star Wars Battlefront II is bringing an all new hero into the fold with the introduction of Iden Versio, Commander of the Imperial special forces team known as the Inferno Squad. Fans were treated to an appearance by the game’s lead actress Janina Gavankar, who plays Iden, and a member of the Lucasfilm Story Group, Steve Blank. In addition to discussing the single player campaign that tells a story from the unique perspective of the empire, Janina and Steve introduced a new behind-the-scenes look at the development of this original Star Wars story featured in the game. The behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars Battlefront II can be found here: Star Wars Battlefront II: Behind The Story. Available Nov. 17. Learn more here: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2
- Marvel Entertainment: Bill Rosemann, Executive Creative Director, Marvel Games, showcased Marvel’s strong portfolio of games, including a behind-the-scenes look at Marvel’s Spider-Man with Bryan Intihar, Creative Director at Insomniac Games, a new character in LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2, and highlighted gameplay opportunities in the Marvel Pavilion from other popular games, including Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Marvel Future Fight, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Marvel Heroes Omega, and more.
Do we have any gaming fashionistas out there? Let us know what you think of the new gaming experiences!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Disney Discovery- Jack Skellington 4pc Rubber Floor Mat Set - August 4, 2020
- Disney Discovery- A Little Magic Decor Maleficent Wreath - July 20, 2020
- Disney Discovery- Epcot Geometric Backpack - July 19, 2020