Many of us have been waiting to hear what will be opening in the phased reopening of Disney Springs, and the rest of the Resort for that matter. Today Disney Parks Blog announced a light at the end of the tunnel for those of us eager to return to our happy place!
On Wednesday, May 20th many of the third party operating participants are reopening, which we already knew. Now, we know that on May 27th three Disney-owned and -operated stores and venues will reopen: World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order), and the Marketplace Co-Op.
I cannot wait to set foot in World of Disney! Of course, many rules will be in place and we need to be careful we are abiding by them or this phased reopening may not last the way we hope.
Disney Springs will be implementing a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes during the phased reopening of Disney Springs. Here is what you need to know prior to your arrival:
- Parking and Entrances: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. We will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location.
- Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
- Temperature Screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. I encourage you to check temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
- Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, we will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. We will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Cleanliness: We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. We will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
- Cashless Transactions: We’re recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
There is more information on Disney Parks Blog and a video to sum up the changes you will see. For all the current information on what is open at Disney Springs, you can visit DisneySprings.com/reopening.
Are you ready for this light at the end of the tunnel? Do you have your Disney maks ready to go?
With this news, are you starting to dream of your next Disney vacation? If you are ready for a Disney adventure and have yet to book your trip, you can book your Disney World Vacation With Small World Vacations HERE. They are the preferred travel agency of Disney Fashionista!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- The Swan and Dolphin Resort Is Opening to Guests At The End Of The Month! - July 11, 2020
- The New Jungle Book Dooney and Bourke Collection is A Bare Necessity! - July 10, 2020
- How to Achieve the Disney Wardrobe of Your Dreams - July 8, 2020