Disney families and fans can now add a little Disney magic into their bedtime routine with the Disney store’s new Sleep Shop Hotline! The toll-free number, 1-877-7-MICKEY, has five special messages from Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy to give kids something to look forward to at bedtime.
The new Sleep Shop Hotline will give kids an incentive to look forward to at bedtime. The phone number will run from now through August 31 and is available throughout the United States and Canada. This is a great way to get kids excited for sleep with back to school starting this month too!
In an effort to help improve the bedtime battle, Disney store and shopDisney have launched a new “Sleep Shop” assortment of children’s sleep items and have teamed up with Lauren Olson, a certified pediatric sleep coach and founder of “Sleep and the City” to give her top tips to help parents troubleshoot common sleep challenges.
Lauren commented, “As a mom of two extremely busy toddlers, I know keeping consistent napping schedules and bedtime routines can be a major production – from stall tactics to short naps and pre-dawn wake ups, it can be hard on everyone in the household. I love that Disney store is providing families with some easy, fun tools, like a sleep rewards chart and light up plush toy, to try and alleviate some of the stresses associated with sleep!”
Lauren offers her top tips for common sleep challenges:
- This is common! If your child is waking up every morning before 6 am, it’s time to invest in blackout shades and a light or clock that illuminates when it’s time to get out of bed in the morning.
Won’t Go to Sleep
- If your child suddenly refuses to fall asleep on their own or is waking up in the middle of the night, consider introducing a “friend” which is only offered a sleepy time. This can be a blanket or favorite stuffed animal, like the new Cuddleez! This oversized plush can even double as a pillow for toddlers when traveling.
- Consistency is key. Decide on a consistent, yet flexible schedule that works for your life and stick to it as best possible.
Scared at Night
- If your child tells you they are scared at night, introduce a “nighttime friend” that is only offered at bedtime, and encourage your child to hold, squeeze or sing to their friend should they wake worried at night.
The “Sleep Shop” offers a new and fun assortment of kids sleep items across Disney, Disney∙Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel franchises, including sleep rewards charts, light up drink-ware, soft toys, slippers and new pajama sets. To check out the full array of sleep shop offerings and see Lauren’s full tips, visit shopDisney.Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Could Two New Disney Dooney & Bourke Patterns Be Coming? - June 24, 2021
- New Mickey Mouse Wall Diffuser Coming From Scentsy! - June 23, 2021
- Say Adios To Your Money and Hello To The it’s a Small World Dooney & Bourke! - June 23, 2021