Can you believe that Disney’s Hollywood Studios (or MGM as many of us still call it) is 30 years old this year? This park has always been one of my favorite Parks, even when it has gone through many changes over the years. We can celebrate Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th anniversary with new merchandise, food, and experiences!
Let’s talk merchandise because that is what we all love, isn’t it? There will possibly be more (and I’m guessing there will be lots more…including an ornament!) but right now we have a sneak peek of a tee, hat, MagicBand, and tumbler.
For me, it’s all about this MagicBand. I wear A LOT of navy and this is not only navy but it commemorates the 30th anniversary! I cannot wait to see it up close and see the design on the other side of the band.
If you are more into apparel, you will find a tee shirt and hat (and I’m sure more than that). Mickey, Olaf, Edna Mode (I am thrilled she made it), BB-8, Kermit, Woody, and Slinky Dog are featured on the shirt. This is a pretty good representation of the newer attractions at the Park. I do wish Ariel was on there as she has had her show for a very long time but I think the representation is otherwise accurate.
Who doesn’t need another tumbler? This is a Tervis and features all the characters we see on the tee.
Merchandise can be found starting at 8 a.m. in Grand Park, while supplies last. (Please note: Merchandise will go on sale at 8 a.m., Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens at 9 a.m.)
There are also going to be specialty food items!! These will include Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredibles Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine and many more. I just got back from Disneyland Paris and already miss macarons so I will be partaking in that specialty treat for sure!
Here’s a taste of how guests can celebrate the milestone anniversary at the park on May 1 per Disney Parks Blog:
- View a Star Studded Celebration – A Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade starring Mickey and friends will step off at 10 a.m. and will head down Hollywood Blvd.
- Pick Up a Commemorative 30th Anniversary Guide Map & Button – Guests entering the park can grab a special 30th anniversary commemorative guide map and button.
- Stay For the Debut of “Wonderful World of Animation” – The park’s new nighttime projection show will light up the park for its official debut on May 1. Watch in wonder as the façade of the Chinese Theatre is magically transformed – displaying this stirring tribute to animation. Behold spectacular sequences celebrating themes like magic, family, adventure, romance, and friendship. Each theme is brought to life through unforgettable moments from beloved films—like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco” and many more. The show will debut at 9:05 p.m. ET, just prior to the park’s “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
There’s even a special event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that night! Grab tickets now for a special Disney After Hours Event Night that has been added to the schedule for May 1. Attendees can experience little to no-wait on park favorites, including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Toy Story Land attractions and more. Additionally, this special anniversary edition of Disney After Hours will feature some beloved Disney characters ready to greet guests in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard, at Star Wars Launch Bay and more. There will also be a special encore performance of “Wonderful World of Animation” taking place exclusively for event attendees.
What do you think fashionistas? Will you be celebrating Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 1st? See any merch or food you need to have? Let us know in the comment section below!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Disney Discovery- Mermaid Water Shoes - December 7, 2022
- Pixar Day at Sea Will Have Incredible Entertainment! - December 6, 2022
- Drive-In To Awesome With The Scentsy Warmer of the Month In January! - December 6, 2022