This month everyone is celebrating Mickey’s 90th Anniversary! Not to be left out of all the fun, Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District are also getting in on the celebration! Both areas will have limited time Special Offerings for the big occasion.
In addition to special offerings throughout Disney Springs and Downtown Disney, they will also be participating in the #ShareYourEars Program. At Disney Springs, a new photo backdrop was recently installed on the West Side, while at Downtown Disney District, you can find it near the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage.
The LEGO Store at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney are also celebrating in style! Lego will be celebrating with a LEGO Mystery Build celebrating Mickey Mouse. Taking place November 16-18 at The LEGO Store at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney, guests will be able to add to a LEGO mural that will come together as LEGO blocks are added! This mural will reveal new artwork that was custom-created for Mickey’s 90th Anniversary.
Lots of retailers at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney are also sharing masterpieces of their own. New collections and products honoring 90 years of Mickey Mouse can be found throughout both areas.
The list below highlights a few of favorites revealed by Disney Parks Blog:
- Art of Disney (Disney Springs) will host a “Celebration of the Mouse” Artist Event – Friday, November 16, kicking off a weekend of festivities. Guests will have the opportunity to meet acclaimed Disney artists Brian Blackmore, Doug Bolly, Don “Ducky” Williams, and Darren Wilson from 6 – 9 p.m. EST as we launch a new art program celebrating Mickey. Doug Bolly, Alex Maher, and Don “Ducky” Williams will also be available on Friday, December 7 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and Sunday, December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST to keep the celebration going.
- Curl by Sammy Duvall (Disney Springs) and Curl Surf (Downtown Disney District) – Guests can find watches featuring “Mickey the True Original” by Nixon as well as a Mickey and Minnie-inspired shoes from the new “Disney x Vans” collection.
- The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op (Disney Springs) and The Disney Dress Shop (Downtown Disney District) – New Mickey Mouse Dooney & Bourke Bag and a matching “Mickey Through the Years” dress and MagicBand will be released on November 18.
- Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories (Disney Springs) – Mickey’s Birthday Watch and a Sugarfina co-branded release, both available on November 17.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. (Disney Springs) – Newly released Mickey’s 90th Anniversary Blend, a smooth, medium-roasted coffee that is part of the new “Disney Coffee Collection”, also coming soon to select Joffrey’s stores nationwide.
- Havaianas (Disney Springs) – New collection that features illustrations representing each decade of Mickey Mouse. The Opening Edition Style, featuring a mix of two icons with the signature Havaianas striped sole and Mickey Mouse ears, will launch on Mickey’s birthday on November 18. A new style will also be released every Monday through January 21, 2019.
- Lacoste (Disney Springs) – Store windows featuring the newest “Disney x Lacoste” fashions. On November 18, 2018, there will also be an in-store event with fun photo backdrops, candy, and more.
- Levi’s (Disney Springs) The brand has partnered with Snapchat to offer their Disney Springs guests the opportunity to purchase a limited-edition Mickey Mouse hat, part of the new collection.
- PANDORA – Limited-edition Disney dangle charm in sterling silver, detailed with a 14k gold number “90” will be available at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney, while supplies last.
- UNIQLO (Disney Springs) – New “Mickey Stands Collection” is now in store. To support the launch, the store will be adding extra entertainment with traditional Japanese drummers and brand ambassadors select weekend dates in November and December from 4 – 9 p.m. with the first activation taking place on Saturday, November 17.
- WonderGround Gallery at Marketplace Co-Op (Disney Springs) – “Celebration of the Mouse” – Artist Event November 16 – 18 and December 7 – 9. WonderGround artists Dave Perillo and Kristin Tercek will be available to meet Guests and sign their newest Mickey pieces November 16 – 17 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and November 18 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST. Matt Hawkins and Bill Robinson will be appearing December 7 – 8 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST.
Don’t worry, World of Disney won’t be missing out on the fun. On November 17 both stores at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District will offer event tees, commemorative Mickey plush, and a new Sugarfina co-branded product release.
The weekend at Disney Springs will include Happy Birthday music and shout-outs from DJs and performers. There will also be special photo backdrops from Disney PhotoPass Photographers. Disney Springs will even be offering complimentary buttons near the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail, Amorette’s Patisserie, Marketplace Co-Op, and Art of Disney.
Will you be celebrating Mickey’s Birthday with any of the Special Offerings at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District?Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- New Classic Mickey and Minnie Scentsy Collection Coming Soon - January 2, 2021
- Sneak Peek Of Disney Art Coming To The Festival Of The Arts - December 31, 2020
- New Alice In Wonderland And Disney Transportation Wishables - December 30, 2020