In just a little over one month, Star Wars fans will finally experience the launch of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. To celebrate the launch, D23 is talking to some of the film’s stars to get the behind the scenes scoop.
In the new issue, Felicity Jones and Alan Tudyk, director Gareth Edwards, and producer Kathleen Kennedy give readers a glimpse into the making of the film, which is centered on a group of rebels determined to steal the plans for the menacing Death Star. Kennedy reveals the origins of this first “stand-alone” film, while Edwards discusses the detailed planning that went into bringing Darth Vader back to the big screen.
The winter issue, exclusively for Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, also includes a look at the 30th anniversary of Disney Parks’ Star Tours, with detailed concept artwork and in-depth interviews. And Tudyk, who gives voice to droid K-2SO in Rogue One, talks about being a “lucky charm” for Walt Disney Animation Studios, having provided his vocal talents for such films as Big Hero 6, Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, and this month’s Moana.
Plus, Auli‘i Cravalho talks about her star turn as the title character in Moana, and reveals she almost didn’t audition for the dazzling animated film, which opens November 23. The creators of the exhilarating new Iron Man Experience unveil details about the Marvel-themed attraction, which opens at Hong Kong Disneyland next January. And the team behind the enhancements on the Disney Wonder cruise ship gives fans an inside look at the unique experiences and exquisite details guests will enjoy when they next set sail.
There’s much more Disney magic in the winter issue of Disney twenty-three, including:
- An exploration of the new book Maps of the Disney Parks, which highlights stunning works of art that have gone into park cartography over the years
- The reunion of Newsies original Broadway cast members for a new filmed version of the hit musical
- Famous Disney characters from around the world that you (may) have never met
- The storytelling and artistry of Marvel’s Enchanted Tiki Room comic books
- A celebration of 60 years of the delightful Daisy Duck
- Regular features including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave
And starting December 1, D23.com will once again kick off the “D23 Days of Christmas.” Each day will include sweepstakes for incredible Disney prizes, dazzling photography, delicious recipes, original stories and videos, colorful crafts, and much more. D23 will also host several exclusive holiday events for members including: Light Up the Season with D23 on Sunday, December 4, at The Walt Disney Studios in Burbank and D23’s Disney Springs Holiday Celebrationat Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando on Tuesday, December 13. Visit D23.com/D23Days to unwrap the holiday fun.
Are you a member of D23? Are you looking forward to the new issue? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- I NEED This Walt Disney World Fuzzy Throw Blanket In My Life - January 29, 2022
- Make Your Door Cozy With This Disney Winter Wreath - December 1, 2021
- Deck the Halls With Adorable Disney Inspired Holiday Jewelry From Sugared Petals Bakery - November 9, 2021