You can always count on D23 to help celebrate incredible milestones in Disney history with fun exclusives, so of course, they are celebrating 65 years of Disney Theme Parks! 65 years ago, Disneyland opened its doors, and D23 has created some amazing new exclusives to commemorate the occasion!
First is this fabulous stand-alone issue of Disney twenty-three that is filled with stories and photos to show the magical way that Disney theme parks have evolved over the years. The issue includes a wrap-around cover with art from Disney artist Ricky De Los Angeles that features attractions and snacks from parks around the globe. Inside, you will find a special Editor’s Letter from Josh D’Amaro and interviews with Tony Baxter, Wing T. Chao, Tom Fitzgerald, Bhavna Mistry, Bobby Burgess, and Bob Weis!
According to the press release, this special issue of Disney twenty-three also features:
- Walt’s Map to the Magic: A deep dive into the inspiration, planning, and creation of Disneyland penned by Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline and publication editor Max Lark
- Dateline Disneyland: July 17, 1955: A guided tour of Disneyland on opening day by D23’s Manager of Content Curation (and former Disneyland Park tour guide) Justin Arthur
- Picturing the Parks: A curated look at some of the most beloved attraction posters from Disney’s parks around the world written by Disney Publishing’s Editorial Director Wendy Lefkon
- National Treasures: Stunning images from several of National Geographic’s many trips to the parks from National Geographic’s Caitlin Holbrook
- Rooms with a View: The evolution of Disney’s immersive resorts and vacation experiences from the Disneyland Hotel to a galaxy far, far away by Disney Vacation Club’s Ryan March
- Character Analysis: Park Stars: Beloved characters created just for Disney parks, from the Orange Bird and Figment to the Country Bears and Chandu, written by Disney Parks’ Charles Stovall
- And much, much more including a roundup of every glorious Disney castle, a look at our remarkable cast members around the world, the Disney spectacular examined, and an advance peek at the new book Holiday Magic in the Disney Parks
D23.com is also in on the magical celebration with fabulous digital offerings like new original features highlighting different aspects of the parks from movies filmed at the parks to yummy vintage park recipes!
D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will be able to purchase a fabulous 6-pin set featuring some of the stunning artwork from the cover of Disney twenty-three! The limited edition set will be available for $49.99 on August 31st at shopDisney.com!
D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will be able to watch a virtual panel with Imagineering leaders from August 21st through August 23rd and join in on fabulous Disney parks trivia on August 28th!
Beginning on August 10th, all D23 Members can enter the D23 Magical Summer Sweepstakes that includes prizes like a new D23 Gold Membership and the exclusive 6-pin set! Plus, D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will receive six postcards representing different Disney resorts around the globe with their special issue of Disney twenty-three!
Are you as excited about these fabulous D23 exclusives as I am? Let us know in the comments below!
Ready to celebrate Disneyland when it reopens? You can book your Disneyland Vacation With Small World Vacations HERE. They are the preferred travel agency of Disney Fashionista!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- This New Kate Spade Minnie Collection Is Perfect For Rocking The Dots! - January 21, 2021
- Disney Springs Is Getting Even More Magical - January 21, 2021
- These 2021 RunDisney Ears Are Pixie-Dusted Perfection - January 21, 2021