Going to the D23 Expo last summer was something I cannot explain. It was an experience I will never forget and hope to replicate next summer. I may not have to wait that long for all the amazing reveals that D23 is known for! The D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures event at Walt Disney World this Fall is chock full of amazing reveals!
The roster of talent and panels continues to grow for the event taking place on November 19 and 20, 2016 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort. AVATAR creators James Cameron (writer, director, producer) and Jon Landau (producer) will join Imagineer Joe Rohde for Pandora – The World of AVATAR, a presentation where they will unveil new details about the immersive, 12-acre land coming soon to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I am so excited for this new area! Animal Kingdom will thrive with this new addition. The event will also include a conversation with Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Plus, Moana screenwriter Jared Bush (co-writer/co-director Zootopia) will be on hand to provide guests an exclusive advance look at the making of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ newest animated feature.
Cameron, Landau, and Chapek join previously announced Disney Legends Marty Sklar (who is the nicest man!) and Tony Baxter; Walt Disney Imagineers Rohde, Chris Merritt, Jason Grandt, and Wyatt Winter; producer Don Hahn (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast); and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline. The event, exclusively for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, celebrates landmarks of the past, present, and future, from the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean to the planet of Pandora.
The Walt Disney Archives will present a special exhibit created exclusively for the event: Walt’s Great Adventures, featuring photographs, props, and models that showcase Walt Disney’s personal voyages, including his trip to South America in 1941, as well as some of his most memorable creations for television, film, and theme parks, such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Additionally, during the weekend, guests will be among the first to see the new Ethan Allen | Disney home furnishing line in person which I am DYING to see. I hope it is reminscent of the old Disney Home Store that was at Disney’s Marketplace!
Additional D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentations announced include:
- Welcome to Adventureland: Set off on a journey through “Adventurelands” at Disney Parks around the world, beginning with a rare look at artist Harper Goff’s exotic concepts for Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Tales from the Jungle Cruise: Fans of “the backside of water” unite! Discover the legendary history of the world-famous attraction with a panel of wisecracking experts, including a behind-the-scenes look at recent holiday overlays and the new Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort’s 45th Anniversary: From tropical hideaways to enchanting entertainment, celebrate the spirit of aloha as D23 looks back at 45 years of the classic South Pacific-themed getaway.
The weekend event will take place in the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Tickets, currently on sale, are $190 each for D23 Gold and Gold Family Members. Tickets are also available to D23 General Members for $250 per ticket. All guests will receive a special gift created exclusively for the event, and attendees are guaranteed seats at all panels and presentations. Mickey’s of Glendale, the famed Walt Disney Imagineering store, returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise as well as limited-edition pins, apparel, and collectibles themed to the event.
Will you be attending? What do you think of the reveals expected? Let us know what you think in the comment box below!Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Explore EPCOT With The July Fairytale Fashion Fix Boxes! - August 13, 2022
- Boo! It’s Time To Check Out The 2022 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Merchandise! - August 12, 2022
- The New 101 Dalmatian Kate Spade Collection Is Fabulous Dahling! - August 12, 2022