It’s time for another week of Disney Bounding! I am kind of excited about this week because I love the character and have been to her native land. This week we are looking at the marvelous Megara! Megara, in case you aren’t familiar, is Hercules’ main squeeze. Clearly, we all know that Hercules is a Greek God and, therefore, Megara is also Greek. We pulled from her Greek heritage to put together this cool Winter look! Here are the details on how to get this look and some links and discount codes to make it even more awesome!
For Winter Wishes Megara, we are using her core colors of purple and burgundy. This is an interesting combo but if it works for her, it works for us! We start with the core outfit and the base of that is a dark purple skinny jean. Aren’t skinny jeans the whole basis of fall/winter fashion?? Top that with a lovely purple cardigan sweater (which I do believe I have in every color) and some fabulous boots (another staple this season) and you have the basics of the look. For some of you, you may already have many of these pieces and never even thought that you could put them together to Disney Bound!!
As for the accessories, I’ll start with the purse because it is a little different and you may not think to use something like it. It has a very different pattern and that pattern has a wintery feel that we thought was interesting. Now for the jewelry….Beautiful Baubles has created 3 different pieces inspired by Megara that we are in love with. We decided to use all three!!! The earrings are that iconic Greek pattern that, if I remember correctly from my travels there, represents infinity in the Greek culture. Sorry to those that are Greek if I am wrong. It’s been 10 years since I’ve been to Greece. The crystal is Megara’s perfect dark purple/burgundy color. I think they tie together the colors of this character. The necklace has that iconic laurel leaf that is well used in Ancient Greece and Rome and the dark purple gemstone below it. I adore it. The bracelet is classic cuff bracelet with the Greek geometric pattern on it that most people recognize. The bracelet is $10! Even if you don’t like the overall look, this bracelet is a must have piece. If you decide you want any of these pieces, they are available at Beautiful Baubles and if you use the discount code disfashion5, you will get an extra 5% off!!!
Katelynn Rose has given us another amazing eye makeup look to go with our Disney Bounding character this week. I personally already owned every single color she used and tried it myself…. It is stunning! I don’t know why I had never tried to do this on my own! The colors are a blending of purple and burgundy, which we now know, are synonymous with Megara. It is a look that could be worn every day or, throw on a pair of fake eyelashes, and wear it for a night on the town. If you are interested in trying this look, here are the instructions on how to do it yourself.
1. Apply the primer all over the lid to make the shadows last longer
2. Use a small precision brush to create the cut crease using a dark purple/black eyeshadow
3. Blend the line with a blending brush and then apply a burgundy wine color on top of the black, blending it even more up to the brow
4. Use a white shadow as a highlight under the brow
5. Take a concealer brush and the NYX jumbo pencil and apply it all over the lid, making the cut crease even more sharp
6. Apply a white shadow in the inner part of the eye and a lilac shadow on the rest of the lid
7. Line your eyes and apply mascara and glitter
That’s another week of Disney Bounding with the Disney Fashionista! I hope you are enjoying the looks we have been putting together for you! Let me know what you think of our looks in the comment box below.Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Celebrate the Residents Of Halloween Town With The New Nightmare Before Christmas Scentsy Collection! - July 23, 2021
- 4 Summer Beauty Tips To Look And Feel Like A Disney Princess - July 21, 2021
- Celebrate 25 Years of The Hunchback Of Notre Dame With The New Dooney & Bourke Collection! - July 20, 2021