Disney Cruise Line announced on August 17, 2015, that they would be making a change to their previously very liberal alcohol policy.
The new policy now limits the amount of of alcohol that can be brought on board. The policy is still the same for alcohol stored in checked baggage, it will be removed and stored until the end of the trip. The change affects the carry own amounts, and alcohol allowed. Wine, champagne and beer will be the only alcohol allowed into checked luggage. A new corkage fee that charges guests who bring their own wine or champagne into restaurants onboard will also go into effect. The changes below will be effective on sailings commencing on or after September 30, 2015.
- Each Guest 21 years and older may bring two bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) or six beers (no larger than 12oz) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.
- All alcoholic beverages packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the completion of the cruise.
- Wine or champagne in excess of the two allowable bottles or beer in excess of the six beers will be stored and Guests may retrieve them at the end of the voyage.
- All liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) are prohibited and will be stored until the completion of the cruise.
- Guests must retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Uncollected alcohol will be destroyed and no compensation will be offered.
- Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
- Effective Sept. 30, 2015, the corkage fee charged to Guests who bring their own wine or champagne into one of our restaurants will be $25 per bottle.
How do you feel about these changes, do you think this will make for a better cruise experience?
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- This Stunning Merida Coat has Us Feeling Stylish And BRAVE - March 30, 2020
- Easy Disney Inspired Snacks To Bring The Magic Home - March 28, 2020
- Mulan Apparel Collection Is Loyal, Brave, And True - March 28, 2020