As Disney addicts, we tend to notice all the Disney nuances that are present or not present. While on my honeymoon at Disneyland Paris, I was very aware of the Disney fashion differences! I thought maybe you would like in on the list so I have prepared Disney Fashionista’s top 10 fashion differences at Disneyland Paris, in case you are planning a future trip.
1. Mickey Ears- There are not as many Mickey Ears for purchase and there are not as many being worn. If there are Mickey Ears being worn, they are handmade or bought from stores like found on Etsy. There is much more originality in the ones seen, though! Think of the variety if people are making their own ears! (I put the picture here to show that no one has Ears on!)
2. Lack of designer handbags to purchase- Dooney and Bourke, Vera Bradley and Harveys are nowhere to be found which ensured my wallet didn’t get light as quickly as usual! They do have a Collection by Barbara Rihl that is adorable and somewhere in between Harveys and Dooney and Bourke for price point.
3. No Pandora for purchase- If you are looking for expensive, commemorative jewelry, you need to think outside the box and not look for Pandora. They do have some but it is a special collection of 400+ Euros. Not the same price point.
4. No Alex and Ani for purchase- See above for Pandora or lack there of.
5. Fewer Disney branded fashions- When I say this, I mean there are not as many people wearing clothing that is Disney. Not as many Disney tee shirts. No Collections like the Lauren Conrad Disney Collections. Disney fashionistas are not as present!
6. No Disney Bounding- I basically Disney Bounded as Mickey Mouse one day and it was only obvious because no one else was Disney bounding at all. They don’t know what they are missing!! We need to spread the word in France!
7. Minnie Parsienne Collection- This is something they DO have and I wish we had! I do understand it wouldn’t quite work as mainstream in the USA but I think they could carry this line at the France Pavilion at Epcot!
8. A lot of wet weather gear available- It rains a lot. I know Orlando gets it’s mid day showers but that’s nothing compared to the rainy days in France. To accommodate for that, there are rain coats and umbrellas everywhere for purchase. They also have ponchos but they aren’t the hot commodity in rain gear.
9. More muted colored ensembles- Look at the picture above in the Ear section. Not only are people not wearing Ears, they are also in very muted colors. There are minimal pops of color to be found. In Florida and California, it’s a rainbow, in France, not so much.
10. Lack of Disney Inspired nails- You all know that I share many difference Disney inspired nail art. We also have all the Jamberry designs to choose from. Disney nails at Disneyland Paris…. I saw none other than my own. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist but it does mean that all of the hands I looked at didn’t have any which is very different from North America.
Have any of you ever been to Disneyland Paris? Have you noticed these differences, too? Let us know if you noticed any other Disney fashion differences in the comment box below!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!