Are you looking for a great destination for your next family vacation? Have you thought about Disney World?
Well, there are numerous reasons why a visit to Walt Disney World in 2022 is a fabulous idea! For almost 51 years, Disney World park in Florida has been at the top of people’s wish lists.
This huge theme park needs no introduction. If you have never visited Disney World, be prepared for a once-in-a-lifetime, magical experience. Yet, due to the size of the park and the variety of activities you can do during your visit, it is important to plan the details of your trip in advance.
That’s the main reason why, in this short guide, we will take a look at the things you should know before visiting Walt Disney World in 2022.
Planning a Trip to Walt Disney World: Everything You Should Know
Planning a trip to Disney World is not as chaotic as it may seem. Of course, there are some things you should take care of before you visit the park.
But that’s what we are here for!
From booking to park transportation and weather conditions, nothing is left out of this guide. So without further ado, let us look at the 7 things you should know before visiting Disney World.
1. What to Book? Accommodation, Dining, and Entertainment
Let’s start with this: In order to have a hassle-free stay at Disney World, you need to book certain things. These include hotels, restaurants, and major events. You can (and should) book all or some of these things as soon as you know your trip is going to happen.
Fortunately, the process is pretty simple. Disney World’s website has a self-explanatory reservation system that allows you to check availability and book your tickets to the theme parks, as well as your accommodations at the resort’s hotels. Accordingly, you should make your dining reservations a few weeks in advance.
Of course, we recommend using our preferred travel agency, Small World Vacations to help with your booking and planning!
2. What to Bring With You?
Are you in the process of packing your bags for Disney World? We are sure you are excited, but a little overwhelmed at the same time. While there are numerous things you should take with you, let us take a look at the essentials:
- Water bottles for the whole family: During your visit, you’ll be walking a lot! Staying hydrated should therefore be a top priority. So be sure to pack a few insulated water bottles.
- Phone chargers and power banks: You’ll likely be holding your phone for hours during your visit. The My Disney Experience app is a lifesaver. But at the same time, your phone’s battery will probably die pretty quickly.
- Camera: While modern phones are perfectly capable of taking great, sharp photos, it’s always a good idea to take your camera with you. After you have captured some memorable family moments, all you need to do is use an Instagram post editor and upload your Disney World experiences to social media!
- Sunscreen: As with water bottles, a good sunscreen will protect you and your family during your Disney World visit.
- Extra clothes and shoes (especially if you’d like to visit the water parks)
3. Creating a Bucket List
As mentioned earlier, the Walt Disney World theme park is huge! You probably will not be able to explore everything, especially if you visit the park for only a few days.
Do not forget that Disney World is celebrating its 50th anniversary. For 50 years, the park has been dedicated to providing families with several days of continuous entertainment.
This is exactly where bucket lists come in handy. You can start by defining the things and activities you can not miss.
4. Learning How to Use the “My Disney Experience” Application
The “My Disney Experience” app is created specifically for those visiting Disney World. All you need to do is download it and use it during your visit. It is available for both iOS and Android devices.
The application will allow you to not only book tickets but also check the park map (via GPS), walking distances, transportation, ride wait times, and lines. And all that, in real-time. Believe us, it will save you a lot of time. Think of it as a free tour guide!
5. Visiting Disney World in Florida: The Weather
If you visit Walt Disney World in the summer, you should expect rain storms as well as high temperatures. So you should be prepared for just about anything.
It may sound bizarre, but you will probably need to pack summer and winter clothes, ponchos, and hats. For this reason, during your stay, you should always check the weather forecast for the next day.
6. Following the COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
As of summer 2022, you don’t have to be vaccinated or wear a mask in indoor or outdoor locations during your Disney World visit. The preference is that if you are not vaccinated, you do wear a mask, however. Yet, this could change by the time you visit the park. Therefore, you should check the official COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols before traveling to Disney World.
7. Extra Tip: Use the PlanDisney Platform for Questions
Last but not least, we know you may have questions specific to your case. That’s why Disney World has launched an online portal called PlanDisney.
On this platform, you can ask your questions about your upcoming Disney vacation. Usually, an expert will quickly reply and answer your question, giving you all the information you need to know.
At the same time, you can use the search bar at the top of the screen and look for relevant questions: with more than 50,000 Q&As available, chances are that your question has already been answered!
It becomes clear that your Walt Disney World vacation will not be overwhelming at any point if you have planned your visit properly. Using Disney’s advanced tools like the online reservation system, My Disney Experience app, and PlanDisney platform will save you valuable time. Get ready for magical family moments!Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Affordable Ways To Visit Disney World - October 7, 2022
- Christmas Scentsy Products Are Coming Out of The Vault For A Killer Price! - October 7, 2022
- Celebrate 50 Years Of Walt Disney World With This Magical Scentsy Collection! - October 6, 2022