Walt Disney World may be having their “Coolest Summer Ever” celebration May 22, but you can enjoy many of the cool events, all summer long!
The Coolest Summer Ever event will roll into the Magic Kingdom Park May 22-23, with special host Olaf, for 24 hours of chilltastic fun! The fun doesn’t stop there, that’s just the beginning. Frozen will be frosting over Hollywood Studios, with “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE! Starting June 17 continuing daily through September 7, guests can cool off with Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf. To get things started, our Frozen favorites will be welcomed to Hollywoodland twice a day as part of the “Frozen Royal Welcome”, a cavalcade of festival flurries through Hollywood Studios. Some of Kristoff’s ice cutter buddies will even be sloshing in.
The hit show “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” will be moving into the gorgeous Hyperion Theater, situated right in the heart of Hollywood Studios. Prepare to sit back, and be amused and amazed at this hilarious retelling of the unique story from the far away land of Arendelle.
Did you think that was it for the “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event? There’s so much more! Cool Down with Olaf, who will be sharing flurries from his personal snow cloud with “Olaf’s Summer Cool Down”. Not to be missed when the sun goes down on the sunset strip, DJ Chill and some cool Disney Characters come out to play, while they host the “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party. With the evening done, our favorite Frozen friends come together for the chilliest grand finale, a magical Fireworks display set to the music of “Frozen”, and of course a few flurries might happen during the magic.
The summer isn’t all about Frozen though! New entertainment will also be coming to Epcot’s World Showcase!
- American Pavilion: Wednesday through Sunday, a new five-member, contemporary a cappella group called “American Music Machine” move to the stage. The group will perform a range of contemporary and classic American pop hits, all presented in custom arrangements by Tim Davis, who is well known for his work on “Glee.”
- Canada: A brand new type of act for The World Showcase, Canadian Lumberjacks demonstrate the age old tradition of Canada’s timber and logging eras, with a friendly, but adventurous competition. The act will feature axe throwing, chipping, log rolling, and more.
- Italy: The Sbandieratori De Sansepolcro arrive on the scene full of vibrant energy, and artistic flair with hand panted flags, to bring to life a 500 year old Italian tradition. This stunning choreographed flag throwing team done marvelous period costumes, while demonstrating a rich cultural tradition.
- Morocco: A multi-generational Berber music and dance troupe from Marrakesh called B’net Al Hourwariyate brings to life the stories and experiences of women in Morocco, using an interactive performance.
- United Kingdom: The Paul McKenna Bandis strolls the charming streets of the United Kingdom Pavillion with a contemporary approach to Scottish Folk roots, with a four-piece acoustic group from Glasgow, Scotland.
.As always June and July will be filled with the beat as Epcot welcomes the return of the “Sounds like Summer” concert series from June 7 to July 25. Rock out at the American Gardens Theater with these great Tribute bands.
This year’s lineup includes:
June 7-13 — DSB – A Tribute to Journey
June 14-20 — 2U – A Tribute to U2
June 21-26 — Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – A Tribute to Billy Joel Show
June 27-July 4 — Don’t Look Back – A Tribute to Boston
July 5-11 — Fire & Ice – A Tribute to Pat Benatar
July 12-18 — Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees
July 19025 — Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles
The Sounds Like Summer concerts are included with Epcot admission. Show times are 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. daily. (Entertainment and times subject to change.)
We can’t forget about Cool Summer Savings.
You can save up to 30 percent on stays at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels this summer. For example, guests can book a 5-night stay at select Disney Moderate Resort hotels and it’s like getting the fifth night for free. Guests can book now through June 12 with World of Magic Travel for travel dates June 16 through August 27, 2015.
My name is Danielle Laroff. I am a Disney Specialist for the Disney Fashionista, and Chip and Company. I am also a Travel Agent with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency used by Chip and the Disney Addicts. To help plan your Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World, Email me today at [email protected]ic.com. You can also visit my Facebook page, click here for more updates as well as lots of pictures and updates of the Parks and resorts.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- New Classic Mickey and Minnie Scentsy Collection Coming Soon - January 2, 2021
- Sneak Peek Of Disney Art Coming To The Festival Of The Arts - December 31, 2020
- New Alice In Wonderland And Disney Transportation Wishables - December 30, 2020