We share a lot of fashion updates and trends from Her Universe. The brand is amazing at empower women to kick butt and dress the way they want to feel. Like superheros of course! Her Universe Founder, Ashley Eckstein, just announced that the brand will be acquired by Hot Topic.
Eckstein will continue to oversee the brand as it moves to this new phase of distribution. Her Universe will continue to be a stand alone brand that is available at multiple retailers on the Her Universe website.
So what exactly does this acquisition mean for the brand? Here is a breakdown of the new opportunities and changes on the horizon.
- Additional plus size offerings
- Designs will now be available in Europe
- New men’s fashion designs
- Re-lauchning a new and improved Her Universe Press
- More licenses, more categories, and more active wear
Honestly, all of this sounds like good new to me! We will still be able to enjoy Her Universe fashion that we’ve all come to love, while also getting some great bonuses.
In the release, Eckstein noted “I am personally going to continue to focus on continuing to build our amazing community and offering more content and ways for ways to connect. Honestly, I cannot contain my excitement over what’s ahead!”
In a few days, the Her Universe website will go down in order to make changes to support the transition. But don’t worry, it will be back up and running in time for the holidays (and holiday shopping).
What do you think of this news? Do you think the acquisition will affect the brand’s quality at all? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Deck the Halls With Adorable Disney Inspired Holiday Jewelry From Sugared Petals Bakery - November 9, 2021
- Transport Your Fashion With This Disney Monorail Shirt - September 29, 2021
- Stitch Shoppe Teases a New Princess Collection Coming this Friday - March 11, 2021