I can only speak for myself but I adore getting the house ready for the holidays. I do, however, get tired of not being able to find exactly what I want in stores or having to pay an arm and a leg for what I do want. Disney holiday wreaths can easily cost in the triple digits, if you buy them already made! I went to Hobby Lobby (that’s my craft store of choice) and grabbed my supplies at 50% off to create my very own Disney holiday wreath. I thought you might like to learn how, as well.Here’s how I created my Disney holiday wreath and hopefully it helps you with your own project!
You will need:
- ornaments (2 of the ones you see were from Disney Parks but you could also make your own)
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- Gather supplies (listed above).
Plug in glue gun so the glue will be ready when you want it because it takes a few minutes for it to be ready.
- Place the ornaments and embellishments where you think they look best. This takes some time to figure out. You will want to play with different looks till you get to the right one for you.
- Create the bows out of the chosen ribbon. I like to have a variety of ribbon to choose from because the ribbon I think I want is never actually what I end up with!
- If you want to make the tails of the bow fancier, try folding the ribbon in half and do 1 straight cute (as seen above).
- You can make your own Mickeys with plain ornaments (color of your choice) and a glue gun. 2 dots of glue of center of each side and a Mickey is born! Super easy to do, if you don’t already have exactly what you want.
Once you have determined placement of all your decorations, you can hot glue them into place.
- Hang your wreath proudly!
Honestly, this was super easy to make! It took maybe 30 minutes and the cost of my supplies (I already owned the glue gun) was $50 (half of that was the pre-made Disney ornaments I bought years ago). That is substantially cheaper than buying a pre-made wreath!
What do you think? Will you try making your own? Let us know what you think in the comment box below!
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- New Fashionable Finds From Shirts to Jewelry At Disney Parks! - February 23, 2019
- Immerse Yourself in the Magical Scent of Happily Ever After - February 23, 2019
- Disney Discovery- Gold Bambi Necklace - February 23, 2019