Tie-dye is super popular right now as you can tell by the stunning tie-dye merchandise we have already shown you, but this Mickey Tie-Dye Shirt is one you can make right in your own home! If you can’t go to the magic of Disney, you can bring it to you! The Disney Parks Blog just released the step-by-step instructions for how to create this magical Mickey masterpiece, so we wanted to share them with you! Credit for all of these fabulous photos goes to the Disney Parks Blog!
Supplies You Will Need:
- White T-Shirt
- Rubber Bands (small- size 16 and large- size 33)
- Bucket of Ice Water
- Tie-Dye Kit
- Plastic Wrap
- Mickey Outline
- Paper Towels
- Large Ziploc Bags
- Place your shirt flat on the table or floor.
- Slide the Mickey outline in between the layers of the shirt so you can trace it. Trace the Mickey icon with a piece of chalk, and remove the paper once you’re done.
- Pinch the center of Mickey’s head, pull the top layer of the tee up, and secure the rubber band around the chalk line
- Pinch the center of one of Mickey’s ears, pull the top layer of the tee up, and secure the rubber band around the chalk line. Repeat these steps for the second ear.
- Tightly place a rubber band about two inches down from Mickey’s head and continue securing rubber bands no more than two inches apart until you get to the end of the shirt.
- Put on your rubber gloves, and place the shirt into a bucket of ice water, completely soaking the shirt. Pull the shirt out of the water and wring out as much water as possible.
- Find the Mickey end of the shirt and tie-dye the ears and head the same color. Darker colors work best for this part.
- Choose a different color for the next section, and then continue coloring the sections in your preferred pattern. Just remember to make sure that the dye gets all the way to the inner layers of the shirt.
- Once you’re done adding dye, wrap your shirt in plastic wrap and put it into a Ziplock bag. Wait at least 24 hours before you unwrap the shirt.
- While wearing gloves, unwrap the shirt, take off the rubber bands, and rinse the shirt out in the sink or tub to wash away the excess dye. Next, wash your masterpiece alone or with other tie-dye items in the washing machine with cold water. You can also use laundry detergent if you want! Once you wash and dry your tee, it can go into the wash with normal laundry! Now you’re ready to wear your magical Mickey tee!
This looks like a great family activity to do at home, so I can’t wait to give it a try! Are you going to give this fun project a shot? Let us know in the comments below!Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Is Finally Coming To The Parks - July 2, 2022
- Disney Discovery- Hocus Pocus Pillow Cover Set - July 2, 2022
- These Patriotic Crocs Are Perfect For Summer Barbecues - July 1, 2022