A new Hawaiian Luau Area is set to debut at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort’s 2018 Food & Wine Classic this year. The Food and Wine classic returns on on Oct. 26 – Oct. 28, and this new area will takes guests on a culinary journey to the Pacific from the resort’s private beach.
The Pig and The Poke is the clever name of this new are. It will feature Hawaiian décor along with several food favorites of the island state including:
- Traditional Earth Baked Kalua Pork with steamed white rice, barrel aged tamari and Napa cabbage
- Tuna Poke featuring Hawaiian yellowfin tuna, sushi rice, avocado relish and crispy fried wontons
- Finely Shaved Ice in a variety of tropical flavors: guava, pineapple, coconut cream, passion fruit, lychee, kiwi and mango
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Executive Chef Robert Ciborowski drew upon his years of living and working in Kapalua, Hawaii as inspiration for the dishes.
The Pig and The Poke will join the event’s returning themed areas which offer specialty cuisine in immersive atmospheres: Carnival Corner, Chinatown, Bubble Lounge and a Beer Garden. Access to The Pig and Poke is included in the standard ticket price.
Will you be checking out the new Hawaiian Luau Area at this year’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic?
The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at more than 60 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 30 wineries amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway. Upgraded ticket options allow guests to enjoy access to a beer garden featuring a wide selection of craft beers and Oktoberfest-inspired cuisine. The event also includes hands-on seminars with the hotel’s chefs and certified beverage experts as well as a Sunday Bubbles Brunch.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- New Classic Mickey and Minnie Scentsy Collection Coming Soon - January 2, 2021
- Sneak Peek Of Disney Art Coming To The Festival Of The Arts - December 31, 2020
- New Alice In Wonderland And Disney Transportation Wishables - December 30, 2020