Force Friday is upon us, and merchandise inspired by the very anticipated new movie Star Wars; The Force Awakens launched at multiple retailers around the globe, as the exciting day got underway.
After an intense 18+ hour live unboxing event shown around the world via live steaming on YouTube, the fun continued as more than 3,000 retail locations in the U.S. opened their doors at midnight for fans to be among the first to discover new Star Wars products.
Leslie Ferraro, Co-Chair, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and President, Disney Consumer Products said “We’ve been working closely with the filmmakers to bring the characters and story lines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens to life through an exciting array of products, and we’re thrilled to share them with fans around the world.”
The event started in Sydney, Australia, and concluded at LucasFilm headquaters in San Francisco. Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media hosted the global live event to unveil key Star Wars: The Force Awakens products. Eager fans tuned in to the Star Wars YouTube page and were able to see many special toys unboxed by top digital stars from the Maker Studios Network. Check out the fabulous new products, and the city they were unboxed in below:
- Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
- Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs (31” and 48”) from JAKKS Pacific
- Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® Star Wars character car assortment and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
- Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
- Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
- Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
- Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
- London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
- Rio de Janeiro: Star Wars Black Series 6” figure assortment from Hasbro
- ‘Good Morning America’ (New York): LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
- Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spin Master
- Chicago: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Role Play for kids exclusive to Disney Store
- Mexico City: Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe NERF Blaster from Hasbro
- San Francisco: Star Wars Battle Action Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
- Los Angeles: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe Dameron’s X-Wing Vehicle from Hasbro
To top it off, fans watching ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ on ABC were given a delightful product reveal with Jimmy and his security guard sidekick Guilermo, showcasing Star Wars: The Force Awakens Voice Changing Masks, which are available exclusively at The Disney Store.
There’s more to Force Friday than lightsabers, construction sets, action figures, and collectibles though, fans can also find products in an assortment of other categories, including apparel for all members of the family, home décor, lifestyle accessories, books and more. New Star Wars products can be found at mass and specialty retailers all over, including Amazon, Kohl’s, Target, Toys “R” Us, and Walmart, and of course the Disney Store, and DisneyStore.com
Some fun highlights from the new merchandise line found in the U.S. include:
Highlights from the merchandise line found in the U.S. include:
- A large collection of exclusive merchandise from Disney Store including role play items, talking action figures and figure play sets, along with themed apparel, tech accessories, mugs, journals and more
- J. Crew apparel for men, women and kids featuring the fan-favorite “Chewie, we’re home” scene of Chewbacca and Han Solo from the Star Wars: The Force Awakensteaser trailer
- A Star Wars collection of Rock & Republic® misses apparel and Mighty Fine juniors apparel offers female fans graphic tees, leggings, sweatshirts, hoodies and dresses available at Kohl’s
- The ultimate Millennium Falcon children’s bed from Pottery Barn Kids, looking like something seen from a galaxy far, far away
- A villainous take on home merchandise featuring new characters from the Dark Side, such as First Order Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren available at JCPenney
For those of us afraid of major spoilers, Disney is waiting to release an additional wave of products, that will not be released till closer to the film’s release, when additional items featuring the newest characters like Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, BB-8 and more will launch. A Play Set based on the new Star Wars film will become available for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the latest installment of the best-selling “toys-to-life” video game from Disney Interactive.
All these new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Items have me thrilled with excitement! Also not only was amazing new merchandise released, we can’t forget about the stunning new Star Wars CoverGirl collection was finally released on Force Friday as well!!Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Disney Discovery- Disney Home Sweet Home Welcome Mat - October 15, 2021
- Celebrate Castles And The Magic Kingdom With The September Fairytale Fashion Fix Boxes! - October 14, 2021
- Foolish Mortals Won’t Be Able To Resist The Haunted Mansion Scentsy Release! - October 14, 2021