I think everyone who is a Star Wars fan is super excited to attend Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This year, though, there is an extra special ticketed event that leads to some fun specialty items and first dibs at the new merchandise. The tickets are hefty but could be worth it for a true Star Wars fan. I want to touch base on some of the merchandise they have said will be released and speculate on the Dooney and Bourke bag print. Let’s dig in a little deeper.
To start with, let’s talk about the galactic Gathering for a moment. This special ticketed event is on Thursday, May 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and tickets to this event are $250 per guest (theme park admission is not included but required to participate in this event). The registration started March 4th. I told you this was hefty but I know that I would gladly pay that for something I am super interested in…. especially if it got me closer to merchandise I know I want and will have a hard time obtaining otherwise.
Hard to obtain merchandise? I am, of course, talking about the Dooney and Bourke bags that are set to be released for Star Wars weekends. There has been no mention of what the print will be but I have put a little thought into this. There was a runDisney event just a couple of months ago with a fabulous Star Wars print that went over very well. Why would they reinvent the wheel? I am guessing they will reuse the print and just change the tag on it to say something about Star Wars Weekends as opposed to the Star Wars Half marathon Weekend. Wouldn’t that make sense??
As for the other merchandise available, there are lots of other limited edition items set to be released. There will be pins, vinylmation and MagicBands and D tech figures.
This is what you receive with your entry fee to the Galactic Gathering:
- ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand (Guests can choose their side when registering online)
- Commemorative trading pin
- Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass which gives expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends.*
- First opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation.
- First opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards.
- Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.
Will you be attending the Galactic Gathering? How about Star Wars Weekends? Are you hoping to get a Star Wars Dooney and Bourke bag? Let us know in the comment box below!Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Scentsy Is Now The Official Home Fragrance of the Walt Disney World Resort! - June 19, 2021
- Mickey Is The Skipper Of The New Jungle Cruise Funko Pop! - June 15, 2021
- Show Your Pride With This Disneyland Paris Spirit Jersey! - June 15, 2021