Big news coming out of Walt Disney World today. There are new face mask guidelines in place to allow for the removal of masks while taking an outdoor photo.
The full guidelines for wearing face masks at the Disney Parks are below. We have bolded the updated information for you as well.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo*, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. (*Beginning April 8)
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
We definitely made note that the face masks guidelines state that you must be stationary while taking a photo. This means guests will not be able to leave their masks off and film while they walk down Main Street, or take any walking selfies.
While we have been having a blast matching our face masks to our outfits, we are also excited to start taking some mask-free pictures again as well!
What do you think of the news? Let us know in the comment section below.Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- There Is One Thing I Know For Sure – Chocolate Understands - April 16, 2021
- There Is A Shirt For Every Disney Princess In This Collection - April 14, 2021
- Boho Mickey Mouse Shirt Has Spring Style - April 13, 2021