The 6th Annual Her Universe Fashion Show returns to San Diego Comic-Con with “The Power of Fashion” Theme! This show is one of the most anticipated events at SDCC, where 24 designers will compete with their original geek couture designs to win the chance to collaborate with actress and Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein on a Her Universe fashion collection for Hot Topic.
DreamWorks Animation’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power takes center stage, Junior Designers shine with Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe.
Presented by Her Universe, Hot Topic and DreamWorks Animation’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, this year’s highly anticipated show will be held on Thursday, July 18 at 6PM in the Harbor Ballroom of the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel.
Hosted by Ashley Eckstein, the theme for this year’s show is “The Power of Fashion.” In the spirit of the critically acclaimed series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, the designs competing in this year’s show will be inspired by powerful characters, stories and themes. Many surprises are in store but the audience can expect that fashion will make a powerful statement on the runway.
Two winners will be chosen, one by the audience and one by an expert panel of judges. Joining this year’s judges panel are:
- Ed LaBay (VP/GMM, Hot Topic)
- Liz Muñoz (CEO, Torrid)
- Lisa Baldzicki (VP Parks Merchandise & Product Development, Disney Parks)
- Meghan Camarena (@Strawburry17, Producer, Host, Actress)
- Merit Leighton (Voice of Frosta, on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
- Michaela Dietz (Actress, Voice of Amethyst, Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe)
- Kristi Siedow Thompson (Designer, 2018 Audience Winner)
- Cynthia Kirkland (Designer, 2018 Judge’s Winner)
- Jane Burson (Designer, 2018 Singer Sewing Winner).
The Cartoon Network Junior Design Showcase will also return to The Her Universe Fashion Show. Her Universe and Cartoon Network held a competition for Junior Designers between the ages of 6-17, and the winners will showcase their Steven Universe-inspired designs when they hit the runway. The winners of the Cartoon Network Junior Design Contest will also design a collection with Her Universe for BoxLunch in 2020.
This year’s contest sponsor will be The Pop Insider and they will bring everything about the Fashion Show and pop culture news to one place. Espionage Cosmetics, leading nerd makeup company and self-proclaimed “nerd misfits,” will return as the hair and makeup sponsor to create the looks for the Her Universe runway models.
Check-in begins at 1PM on Thursday, July 18th in the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel Harbor Ballroom, and doors open at 5:15PM, with the show beginning at 6PM. The Her Universe Fashion Show is free for San Diego Comic-Con attendees and all ages are welcome.
Our very own head Disney Fashionista herself will be there to bring us all the fashions from the runway! Be sure to stay tuned that evening!
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Disney Sneaker Collection From Kith x Converse Collaboration - November 13, 2019
- Classic Princess Loungefly Collection Is A Dream Come True - November 13, 2019
- Disney Parks Holiday Starbucks Tumbler Brings Holiday Cheer - November 12, 2019