Most Fashionistas have their everyday handbag contents down to a science, but planning for a day at the Disney parks is much more complicated. You want to be prepared but not weighed down with unnecessary items. To help you plan, I have compiled a list of my handbag essentials for a day at the parks!
Choosing a Bag
The first step in making sure you are prepared for the parks is choosing the right bag. I prefer Loungefly mini-backpacks, but any bag that is roomy, super comfortable, and holds up well in any weather will work perfectly! Having extra room is important to me because I usually end up carrying odds and ends for my husband and kids (not to mention a purchase or two).
Compiling the Essentials
Once you have chosen the perfect bag, you can move on to filling it with your park handbag essentials. I am a local passholder and have been to the parks way too many times to count. These are the things I find most important:
- Sunglasses: The Florida sun is brutal, and some places don’t have much shade. (I’m looking at you, Toy Story Land!) All of the Disney parks have amazing scenery, and you don’t want to spend all your time staring at the ground.
- Sunscreen: I’ve lived in the South all my life, but it didn’t prepare me for the Florida sun. It is intense! Apply that sunscreen liberally and often because a bad sunburn can lead to a few miserable days–ask me how I know!
- Lip Balm: I don’t want to sound like a broken record, so just see the two previous explanations. I like to use a tinted lip balm to both protect my lips and enhance my selfies!
- Hand sanitizer: Even if you aren’t a germ freak, you have to be a little concerned when you think about all the people who have touched that handrail or countertop before you. Thousands of people visit the parks each day–that’s a lot of germs! Use your hand sanitizer a few times each day and your immune system will thank you for it!
- Poncho: Florida weather can be a bit moody. The sun can be fierce, but the pop-up thunderstorms can be just as intense. Fortunately, they don’t usually last more than a few hours. Throw on a poncho, and don’t let the rain “dampen” your spirits! I also like to pack a few gallon-sized Ziploc bags. You can put your wet poncho in those without getting everything else in your purse wet.
- Touch-up kit: I can’t be the only one who goes to the parks for the Instagram pics! I like to take a small touch-up kit with me so I can refresh my look mid-way through the day. It usually includes a compact, travel size brush, lip gloss, and a few extra hair ties and bobby pins.
- First-aid kit: There are first aid stands in each park, but I like to keep a couple of band-aids and a travel container of Tylenol with me. It’s much easier than visiting First Aid every time someone has a blister or a headache.
- Ear holder: Technically, this goes on the outside of the bag, but I still consider it an essential! I love wearing ears at Disney, but I also love having a convenient place to put my ears when I need a break. Several Etsy shops sell these, but my favorite ones come from Muffin Noodle Designs! These also hold sunglasses, so they do double duty!
- Phone and external charger: Your phone is really helpful at Disney. You can check wait times, keep in touch with your family, mobile order food, and of course, take pictures! All of that can drain your battery quickly though. There are some places in the parks to charge your phone, but it is so much more convenient to just pull a charger out of your bag and keep going. (I actually carry two of these because I’m just a little crazy.) You can even find some cute Disney ones HERE.
- Everyday essentials: Even though Disney is a fantasy land, you still need some real-world basics like keys, money or banking cards, and identification. I like to use a cardholder with just my ID and essential cards because it’s much less bulky than a full wallet.
Having these handbag essentials handy can make your park day even more magical–or at the very least, a little more convenient. What do you consider to be essential for a day at the parks? Let us know in the comments!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!