With the ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition,’ opening on November 8th, exciting new details continue to emerge. One sensational new detail, is that there will be commemorative merchandise and unique experiences brought to life!
Thanks to exhibition sponsors, including Google Home, Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats) and Brooklyn-based creamery Ample Hills, a one of a kind experience awaits guests visiting the Mickey: The True Original Exhibition in New York City this month.
To commemorate this one-of-a-kind experience, the Mickey: The True Original Exhibition will feature Mickey’s Maker Shop. This is a retail store that will offer exhibition-branded merchandise, timed product drops throughout the run, select pieces from 90th anniversary ‘True Original’ capsule collections currently available at retail, and custom products personalized on-site.
The good news is, that the shop will be open to the public, so you won’t need to attend the exhibition for entry.
Highlights of the shop include:
- ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ Collection– The retail store feature a collection celebrating Mickey’s transcendent impact on popular culture and art with a diverse assortment of exhibition-themed apparel, souvenirs, and stationery products. Guests will find Mickey ear hats featuring chapters in Mickey’s story and the exhibition logo, which can be customized on-site. Additionally, women’s, men’s and kid’s T-shirts and fleece, notebooks, totes, lanyards and pen sets will be available for purchase. The store will also offer high-end collectible items from exhibition artists like James Jean.
- Timed Product Releases– On select Saturday mornings from November 10 – February 10, the exhibition will release products including pin sets, Medicom [email protected], and Funko collectibles. Quantities vary and will only be available while supplies last. You’ll want to follow @MickeyTrueOriginal on Instagram for the latest updates on limited-edition product releases.
- ‘The True Original’ 90th Anniversary Capsule Collections– The store will feature select pieces from anniversary collections with ‘true original’ brands including rag & bone, New Era Cap, Vault by Vans, Sugarfina, TASCHEN, Polaroid, and more. Products from exhibition sponsors will also be available, including Mickey Mouse-themed accessories for Google Home devices and Mickey Mouse-branded Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones.
- Customized Products– Inspired by Mickey’s spirit of creativity and originality, Mickey’s Maker Shop will feature a lab-like retail experience that allows guests to customize souvenirs to commemorate their visit. Using special patches and embroidery, guests will be able to personalize a variety of items including T-shirts, hats from New Era Cap and Mickey Mouse ear hats.
As we mentioned before, the rag & bone X Disney Mickey Mouse collection will also be worn by Disney cast members working the Exhibition.
The retail store will be open Tuesdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and closed on Mondays. There will also be a limited number of items from the collection will be available for purchase on shopDisney.com when the exhibition opens on November 8 if you are unable to attend the event.
“We can’t wait to open the doors to ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ and invite our Guests into this truly spectacular experiential world,” says Ken Potrock, President, Consumer Products Commercialization; Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products. “This is just the beginning as we create immersive experiences that bring our consumers closer to the characters, products, and content they love.”
Additionally, details of official Exhibition sponsors have been revealed, including interactive moments featured throughout the experience brought to life by Google Home, Beats by Dre and Ample Hills Creamery. Moments elements include:
- With the help of Google Home– exhibition guests will be invited to join in a special game show with Mickey Mouse and his friends. Each player will be paired up with one of Mickey’s friends (Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald, Daisy) as their pal to answer trivia questions about Mickey’s adventures over the years. Fans who aren’t able to attend the exhibition can still play the game with Mickey and friends using Google Home. Just say, “Hey Google, play Mickey’s Game Show” to get started.
- Following the launch of Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones– Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition, Beats will continue to celebrate Mickey and his influence on the artist community with integration into the Exhibition lounge. Designed by Beats, the space will showcase imagery and videos from the collaboration’s campaign featuring talent including Anne-Marie, Lil Yachty and more, shot by famed Polaroid photographer Maripol.
- Ample Hills– Guests will be thrilled with complimentary tastings from their Disney Mickey Mouse Collection of birthday cake ice cream flavors.
- As the official mobility team for the exhibition, Alexander’s Mobility Services, an interstate agent for Atlas® Van Lines, provided safe, on-point delivery of exhibition components including new original artworks based around Mickey Mouse.
We’re so excited about the new Mickey: The True Original Exhibition, and can not wait to check out the Limited-Edition Merchandise and unique experiences that await!
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Sassy and Cute New Mickey Mouse Overalls Dress by Cakeworthy - March 20, 2019
- New Disney Fashion Backpacks Are Bringing On The Sparkle - March 20, 2019
- New Marvel Heroes Makeup Collection From Sephora - March 19, 2019