For those of you who haven’t yet had the opportunity to experience this year’s International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, I thought I would compile a list of my favorite bites while eating around the world. If you have ever been to the festival before, you are most likely aware that it is virtually impossible to eat every item that is offered at every booth. I will say this, after a 10 day vacation, I managed to do just that. I probably shouldn’t be proud of this fact but, let’s be real, I kind of am. Please remember that as I list these, they are MY favorite bites. I am NOT a food critic but I know what I like! Obviously everybody has a different flavor palette and some people also have food allergies. Therefore, take this list as a guide and enjoy yourself!! This list is in no particular order… it was too hard to decide!!
1. Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise- Hawaii
This slider was the perfect blend of succulent pork, sweet and juicy pineapple and that bite of spicy Mayo. Match it up with the pineapple Wine and you can’t go wrong!
2. Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey- Greece
I know this may seem strange, with all the amazing foods they have at the festival, but melted cheese is delish and pair that with the sweetness of the honey and the crunchiness of the pistachios… OMG. Just try this. It’s also gluten free!
3. Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup- Canada
I have something to confess… I am a proud Canadian. It’s true. I will also say that I have never in my life tried Cheddar Cheese Soup before my first time at the Food and Wine Festival. It’s cheesy, salty and a tad bit spicy (keep in mind that I am a spice wimp). I wish my mom had the recipe! I know I don’t have a picture… I devoured it so quickly I forgot to take the picture first!
4. Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Cilantro- Brazil
I enjoy a well prepared pork belly, If not prepared correctly, I find it to be too fatty. This bite was just right. Crunchy, salty and perfectly blended with creamy black beans, Yummy! This item is also gluten free!
5. Shrimp Taco- Fried Shrimp, Pickled Habanero Pepper and Onions on a Flour Tortilla- Mexico
This shrimp taco has lightly breaded fried shrimp, with a bit of crunch, combined with a hint of heat from the peppers and sweetness from the onions. It makes the perfect bite. This item returned from last year and I was super excited to see it again. you must try it. Pair it with the mango-strawberry margarita and your day will be looking up!
6. Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney- New Zealand
This meatball isn’t too gamey and has a nice hint of spice with the chutney. I am actually not a tomato fan but this isn’t too ‘tomatoey’, if that makes sense. I know some people are scared to try lamb but, with the portions being intentionally small, this is the perfect time to try something new!
7. ”Crab’less CraB Cake”, Pepper Slaw and Cajun Remoulade featuring Gardein- Terra
I am not a vegetarian, clearly, but this was one of my favorite bites of the festival. I don’t feel like one would be able to tell it wasn’t real crab without being told. I won’t even elaborate. Just go try it.
8. Seared Scallop with Spinach-Cheddar Gratin and Crispy Bacon- Scotland
I have to say, if I had to pick an absolute number 1, this would be it. I love scallops and this one was caramelized to perfection. The cheesy spinach underneath with bacon crunchies (who doesn’t love bacon?!) made this bite mouth watering and as close to perfection as I could find.
9. Gratin de Crozets de Savoie- Wheat Pasta Gratin with Mushrooms and Gruyere Cheese- France
OMG. Can we say yummy! Another dish perfect for a vegetarian but loaded with creamy, cheesy goodness under a crunchy topping…. who needs meet with this amount of deliciousness?? I was sold on the first bite.
10. Crème Brulee Caramel fleur de sel- Sea Salt Caramel Crème Brulee topped with Caramelized Sugar- France
That’s right. There are two from France. It deserves it. If I had to pick an overall fave booth at the festival, this would be it. My favorite dessert is crème brulee so I am pretty hard to impress. I want this recipe and I want it now. It was creamy, sweet and had that hint of sea salt. Then to have the perfectly caramelized sugar topping…. I was in heaven.
Okay… that’s my list!! have any of you tried any of these items or perhaps you have others that you thought were way better? I’d love to hear what you thought. Let me know in the comment box below!! Bon Appétit!Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Celebrate the Residents Of Halloween Town With The New Nightmare Before Christmas Scentsy Collection! - July 23, 2021
- 4 Summer Beauty Tips To Look And Feel Like A Disney Princess - July 21, 2021
- Celebrate 25 Years of The Hunchback Of Notre Dame With The New Dooney & Bourke Collection! - July 20, 2021