I know, I know. You are probably already sick of my wedding posts. I don’t think I realized how much there was to share when it comes to planning a Disney wedding! When picking all of the different aspects, including location and save the dates to start, a theme or inspiration will help pull together your overall wedding ideas. It’s crazy easy to pull inspiration from all kinds of Disney movies but then what is the overall theme of your wedding? Disney themes?? I actually considered that to make my life easier, I won’t lie.
Here are the top 5 Disney characters to inspire your dream Disney wedding. Hope it helps!
- Cinderella – This one is pretty obvious, I know. Think about it, though… how can I not say this one first?! It’s the classic fairy tale where a girl meets her Prince Charming and becomes a Princess herself! From the glass slipper, to the carriage, to the castle, these are all images and ideas to pull inspiration from whether you have the wedding at Disney or not.
- Mickey and Minnie- They are the classic Disney couple. No, they are not instantly what comes to mind when you think of weddings but, for a Disney fan, this makes perfect sense!! There is also so much wedding merchandise out there to make this happen! You can easily make this theme work if not having a Disney parks wedding!
- Carl and Ellie- I am going back to obvious here. This may not be a Prince or Princess but these are “real life” people who just fell in love and spent a lifetime together. I cried like a baby when I watched this movie because it reminded me of my grandparents. This story really does happen!! What better inspiration? From the balloons, to the chairs they sit in, to the grape soda pin… there is inspiration here.
- Beauty and The Beast- I am torn about this one. It is a tale as old as time and they do find their true love. However, all of the things that say “his beauty” and “her beast” kind of bother me. I never want to refer to Chip as my beast. However, with this being said, it is a love story that inspires many. From the rose, to the image of them dancing in the ballroom… there are definitely inspirational ideas for a wedding in this story.
- Alice In Wonderland- I am guessing that some of you are thinking, “WHAT??” Stay with me for a minute here. Whimsical, fun, wonderland… these are key words that can be used for this theme! Can you tell why I am adding this in here? This is our wedding theme. I wanted whimsy. I wanted fantasy and fun. We are having a brunch wedding and that reminded me of tea. I rolled with that and thought tea party! I can’t tell you how much fun I am having with this theme! When you see the overall wedding, when it is completed, you are all going to want this wedding!
What do you think of my top 5 Disney characters to inspire your wedding? Which are your top 5?? Let us know what you think in the comment box below!
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Disneyland Paris With Tons Of Exciting Merchandise! - January 25, 2022
- Disney Discovery- Mickey & Minnie Pop It Purse - January 24, 2022
- An Assortment of Ear Handbands To Enhance Your Accessory Game Has Arrived! - January 24, 2022