I have a friend who is obsessed with all things tiki. I admit that I have more than helped him with his quest to find all the cool tiki collectibles. I am a huge Haunted Mansion fan so it would only be fitting for me to try and get my hands on the latest tiki collectibles that feature that Hatbox Ghost!
Fortunately for those of us who love this stuff, this is being released on both coasts! Now, the mug will be different on both coasts which makes it that much more fabulous for those collectors who want it all. It also makes it that much more difficult.
Each year for Halloween, there is a new release of a limited-edition Tiki mug at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at The Disneyland Hotel. Last year’s mug also featured the Hatbox Ghost but with the 50th anniversary of Haunted Mansion this year it is fitting that it is happening again. The Disneyland Resort mug will feature the Hatbox Ghost’s head inside his handy hat box, while the Walt Disney World Resort mug will feature the empty hat box with his head placed safely on his shoulders. Here is all of the information you need to know on how to get this exclusive mug on both coasts.
Walt Disney World Resort – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug was on sale on Oct. 15 at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto for those guests with a valid wristband. A beverage purchase is required. The Grim Grinning Grog here will feature pineapple-mango dark rum, Bermuda black rum, blood orange, lime juice, a trio of tropical juices, and dashes of aromatic bitters (non-alcoholic version upon request).
- Trader Sam’s Grotto opens at 3 p.m. ET
- A Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin will be sold at BouTiki at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort while supplies last
Notice that Disneyland’s version is different? I am not sure which one I like more but, as I live on the East Coast, the Walt Disney World version is more attainable.
Disneyland Resort – The Disneyland Hotel
- The mugs will also be available at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar with purchase of a beverage, The Grim Grinning Grog featuring coconut rum, spiced rum, pineapple juice, red passion fruit syrup, and blue curaçao (non-alcoholic version available upon request).
- A Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin is being sold at Disney’s Fantasia Shop at the Disneyland Hotel while supplies last
Remember, this merchandise will only be available while supplies last and I am guessing that will be a very short period of time. You may have already gotten yours! If not, which do you like better? Let us know!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- Disney Discovery- Rose Gold Ohana Bracelet - January 21, 2020
- Disney Discovery- Disney Luggage Identifier Tags - January 19, 2020
- The New Pink Polka Dot Minnie Dress Is Stylish And Fun! - January 17, 2020