I had a phenomenal time at the D23 Expo 2017 a week ago. It was crazy busy and hectic, don’t get me wrong, but it was still the most incredible weekend. I shared with you, before the Expo, why you should attend the D23 Expo 2017. Now I am going to tell you what you missed so that, in the future, you don’t miss out again. Trust me. You want to be there in 2019! Here are the top 10 experiences you missed from D23 Expo 2017… in no particular order.
1. Artist Signings– There’s nothing like being able to buy an item and then have it signed by the designer or artist. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the people behind the creations! It was worth every line I had to stand in (and they were short lines believe it or not!).
2. Dream Store– The Dream Store is always one of the first places I go. Being able to get my hands on the items before they get to the Parks is a perk of attending the Expo. It also helped me plan my budget for the rest of the year because I know what I will grab when it is released to the public in the future!
3. Sneak Peeks– There are way too many sneak peeks to mention so I will talk about the one that I shared that went viral. The LuLaRoe wall of design was a massive success and shared some of the upcoming patterns we can expect to see. Needless to say, it was beyond exciting!
4. Cosplay– Each year just gets better and better when it comes to the Disney Cosplay. I actually saw a group of guys in a Jungle Cruise Costume and they were talking to the fellow Disney addicts like they were on a tour. It was awesome!
5. Disney Store– I love the Disney Store anyway so this isn’t a stretch for me. I get in that line day 1, moment 1 and I make sure to grab a John Lasseter shirt for one of my besties. I also grab a Designer Doll for my inspiration for the next 2 years. A new Minnie Signature doll did come home with me I am happy to say!
6. Exclusive Merchandise– Things like the John Lasseter shirt I mentioned are exclusive to the Expo. That’s a huge perk. Many of the Designer Fairytale Dolls sell out on day 1 and that’s it. They will not appear again. now that’s exclusive!
7. The People– I love making new friends. The cosplay is one thing but think of how awesome it is to be in a building with 65000 fellow Disney addicts! You are bound to make some fast, new friends.
8. Disney Imagineering Panel– This is one I always look forward to and this year was extra special. It was the last session on the last day. It was also the last time we will be regaled with the stories of Marty Sklar. He is a Disney Legend and he will be sorely missed.
9. Mousequerade– The costumes that these fashionistas created were incredible. I wish I had one ounce of the talent that walked across that stage. The music was great. The fashion was great. The host was hilarious and the judges were super fun. Just a fantastic way to start the weekend.
10. Oh My Disney Stage– This was a new addition this year and it was central to the Expo floor. There were all kinds of different events taking place there that didn’t have hour long queues to stand in. I talked to Ashley Eckstein and Leslie Kay, to name a few. It was a fantastic experience I am already looking forward to next time.
If these reasons aren’t enough to convince you to try and attend D23 Expo the next time around, then I don’t know what you need to hear. It was incredible. If you were there, what was your favorite part? Let us know in the comment box below!
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for visiting the Disney Fashionista website. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney Fashion, Travel, Makeup and More to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest!
- This Retro Mickey Whipstitch Backpack Brings Me Back In Time! - May 26, 2020
- A New Minnie Mouse Loungefly Mini Backpack Has Arrived! - May 25, 2020
- Disney Discovery- Vintage Mickey Mouse Poster Puzzle - May 25, 2020